Wusthof Knife Sharpener
The Wusthof knife sharpener is super innovative for left and right-handed use. With two levels available for sharpening knives you can be sure to replace the cutting performance that has been lost with your most treasured kitchen knives.
- Innovative knife sharpener for left and right-handed use.
- Two levels are available for sharpening knives, depending on how much cutting performance has been lost.
- The first level, “Coarse”, is recommended for when the knife is blunt.
- The second level, “Fine”, is suitable both for fine sharpening following on from the first level or for regular resharpening of the blade. The ceramic slats grind the blade and the knife regains its original sharpness.
- Knives with a serrated edge should only be sharpened using the second level in order to remove any burrs that have developed.
- The traditional company based in Solingen, Germany, has designed the knife sharpener to make it easy for anyone, even without experience, to sharpen knives.
- As the device produces a cutting angle of approximately 30 degrees, it is suitable for sharpening all sorts of different knives.
- The blade of the knife is inserted vertically into the slot with the grinding slats.
- The rear end of the blade is placed between the slats and pulled gently through to the tip, keeping the blade straight.
- Meanwhile, the handle of the device should be held with the other hand.
- The ergonomic handle and the non-slip base of the knife sharpener ensure safe handling.
- The process is repeated depending on the bluntness of the blade.
- In order to achieve the best possible result, the knife blades should be cleaned before and after every grinding process.